Yesterday, I went to a cute spot here in Illinois. It's a spot where sweet potato waffles headlined.
It was so sweet, the waffles that is, I didn't have to add syrup.
I can't tell you the last time I ate like this but, it was soooo good.
And, I don't feel guilty about it one bit. I was so happy that you couldn't tell me nothing about nothing ha.
Let's Get Into This Craving:
Sugar cravings says there is imbalance in your body. This imbalance is Candida.
Sometimes, it comes from not feeling our best, hence the time of the month, a breakup etc.
Sometimes or all times, it comes from eating our feelings, no matter what they are.
You mentioned Candida, what is it?
In short, it's a fungus that results in itching (after eating fruit/starch/acidic foods). It's also linked to that annoying acne or breakout you may experience from time to time.
Did she say fruit?
Why yes, when the body is off balance or is acidic, fruits can aggravate the body. This results in itching and breakouts 10-30 minutes after consumption. Your skin can also decrease in vibrance and increase in blemishes.
Because I want to see you win in your health journey...
Here are some actionable tips for your body when you're craving sugar.
- Have probiotics (raw sauerkraut) on hand - for candida, breakouts and blemishes.
- Burn oil diffusers with sweet aromas: neroli, lavender, bergamot, clary sage.
- When the mood swing attacks, stock up on organic ripe fruit with low sugar. These fruits are, blackberries, blueberries, grapefruit, green apples...
- Exercise will boost your mood and serotonin levels. Yoga? Power Walk? A Short Walk? Call up your best Judy (best friend/lover/neighbor) to join the fight.
- Sniff on fresh coffee beans. It calms chocolate cravings. Taking a whiff of coffee beans affects the brain the same way chocolate does.
- Use a few drops of Stevia in your tea. I never liked the taste of stevia but, I've figured out how many drops will reduce the bitter taste in my tea.
- Fall in love with your self. Sugar is a lack of feeling loved. Address those areas where you desire more love.
What does this have to do with my skin type?
In short, the more acidic your body the more irritations you will experience. Just think of blemishes, acne, dryness, and oiliness
My point is to help you find ways to address y(our) sugar cravings so we can become mindful of our health and beauty.
Like this tid-bit? Subscribe to my mailing list below. I will send you my skin care tips right away