Picture it. You've bought your acne moisturizer and now you're waiting for it to arrive. While you wait, here's a quick diy treatment for that nasty breakout.
In today's read I want to share an experience I had when I began looking into natural diy ingredients years ago. Welcome to the how to use or basically mix tea tree essential oil for acne/pimples.
I had a lot of breakouts around my mouth, my forehead and cheeks. It was quite frustrating. So I went online and saw people recommending Tea Tree Essential Oil to clear their breakouts.
It was natural
It came from a plant
It was inexpensive
I mean why wouldn't it work?
Truth is, it overworked my delicate skin when I used it incorrectly.
I assumed that since it was an oil it was easy to spot treat and spread all over my face. Wrong!!
At first my skin became sensitive and my acne burned. I noticed dry patches and scabs on my skin a couple days later.
Have you ever experienced this? Well if you have, then I've got a solution for you.
When you're using tea tree oil it's best to know the right amounts to add to your oil. Yes, an oil.
This oil is called a carrier or vegetable oil and must be used with any essential oil.
Which Carrier/Vegetable Oil to use:
- Tamanu: said to be non-irritating , anti - inflammatory, anti - bacterial and effective in treating skin wounds (acne)
- Sea Buckthorn: this speeds up healing and redness
- Sesame Seed: rejuvenates acne wounds while providing skin with a small sun protection
- Almond / Apricot: widely used oils that are light and moisturizing on the skin
- Jojoba is always great as it's a wax that closely mimics the sebum in our skin.
Okay, so how much should I mix?
- Start with a 1% dilution: 5-6 drops essential for every ounce of carrier oil
- You can also use a 2% dilution: 10-12 drops for every ounce of carrier oil
Always do a spot test in the crook of your arm and the back of the knee. Wait 24 hours to see if a reaction occurs. If not, proceed with applying it to your skin.
- Few Drops of Tea Tree Solution to palms and apply to face. If your skin is dry you can use your serum before and/or apply solution to damp toned skin.
Well darling thanks so much for opening up the email and taking a read.
Till the next post.