- When Do You Ship?
Currently, Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Paying by eCheck (via PayPal)
- It usually takes about 3-5 days for me to receive your payment. Once payment is received I will ship the items via priority service. Priority shipping takes 3-5 days. A confirmation and tracking number will be sent thereafter.
- How Long Do Your Products Last?
Great question, for face products a 4 oz/125 ml bottle can last you up to 60 days (depending on use). A 1-2 oz / 50 ml product can last between 30-40 days (depending on use).
Soaps can last between 3-4 weeks depending on how often you use it, the climate you live in, the oils/butters used, and if the soap is dried in between use.
A jar of the mask can last up to 20-40 weeks, depending on use and the size of the jar.
- My Bamboo Face Scrub separates. How do I stop this?
Because this natural product does not contain any thick emulsifiers and is sensitive to heat, it is natural for separation to happen. A great tip is to stir your scrub well and place in a very cool environment. I like placing mine in a cool spot. This way you are not mixing each and every time.
- How Do I Discard Of Your Products/Packaging?
You can compost your packing peanuts. They’re made from sorghum starch (all natural) that you can use as fertilizer. I also use a vegetable tape that’s renewable and biodegradable. Also, packaging comes in a kraft box. Most of it can be recycled (excluding the plastic jars).
- Can I Use Your Soaps On My Face?
No. If you happen to, make sure to tone and moisturize skin. Those last two steps are important.
- Your Balancing Cleansers, Bamboo Scrub, Summer Mint Toner contains AHA/BHA ingredients. Do they remove acne spots?
They help to exfoliate and remove the superficial layers that may cause the darkening of the scar/spot. They do a great job over time with helping to even skin and/or lighten scars over time
- Do I have to wear sunscreen with your products?
Yes. An spf between 35 and 50 is great.
- Will your products stop my spots from spreading?
With the use of the AHA/BHA you will notice a reduction in flare-ups. The salicylic acid works on acne seen and unseen thus lessening the chances of scarring. It's important to not pick with acne and continue to use the natural acids to exfoliate and clarify skin.
- Should I purchase the cleanser, toner, and moisturizer to start my skin care journey?
If you are trying any CDF product, I suggest purchasing one product at a time. For example, if you purchase The Balancing Cleanser wait two-three weeks before purchasing The Summer Mint Toner. It's better to ease your skin into these products than to rush. This way you can pinpoint which product is giving you said result for your skin.
- Why did I get a different colored bottle than the one shown on the website?
The product may come in different colored bottles. I assure you the solution/ingredients in the jar/bottle is the same formulation throughout.
- Can I use the summer mint in the winter?
Yes, if you are wanting to clarify, and tone your acneic/oily skin.
- Can I use the face products on my chest and back?
- Is your glycerin derived from animals?
No. Only vegetables
- I am allergic to aspirin and salicylic acid. Do you have any products with salicylic acid?
If you are allergic or have a sensitivity to aspirin and salicylic acid please avoid products with salicylic acid and/or aspen bark.
- Are acne products for all ages?
Unfortunately, no. These are meant for those with Adult acne, from mild to grade 2 (moderate).
- Will I break out?
There is no guarantee that you will not break out. It is important to test on a small area on your skin before full use. This is your responsibility to test it for 24-48 hours.
- Is there a spot treatment to treat scarring if they appear?
Great question, I will have to see about that.
- Can I use your facial products every day?
You can. However, my best suggestion is to start with any aha/bha product every other day for a couple of weeks before use every day and always follow up with a sunscreen because skin tends to be more sensitive to the sun.
Each skin type is different so it's up to you to test and see when is the best time for you. When things change in your lifestyle, you can switch products to suit your needs. For example, if you decide to go on vacation in a warmer climate your skin may not need all products at one time. Maybe your skin prefers the cucumber moisturizer only at night.
- Should I use any of the acne products after derma planing, derma rolling or any other invasive procedures?
Ask your dermatologist and/or esthetician. The length of time depends on the intensity of the procedure. There is a chance that you may experience intense stinging after using invasive procedures. I would recommend that you avoid using any of my products after a treatment for up to a week.
- Why does my face tingle with your products?
Most of my products contain glycolic acids, alpha hydroxy acids and/or beta hydroxy acids (AHA/BHA) These products may contain natural acids from sugar cane, lemons, sugar maple and BHA from the salicylic acid that may cause slight stinging and/or redness. This happens until the skin gets used to the acids.
These actives and acids are able to truly clean/clarify acneic pores as well as remove dead skin cells and blemishes for clear, glowing, healthier skin. When using the cleansers they should be rinsed very well with warm, not hot water, followed by a ph-balancing toner to rebalance your ph and lessen the sting. Start with once a week and increase from there. If your skin does not calm down after increasing use each week then discontinue use, or use a neutralizing toner to bring the skin back to normal pH more quickly. You may also apply a 10% sodium bicarbonate solution to calm any irritation and rapidly alkalinize the skin. For example, 4 oz of water with 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda, dissolved well. This product is not for those with sensitive/irritated skin.
The use of AHA's should be avoided prior to sun exposure as fresh, new skin will be revealed and this new skin will be more susceptible to UV damage, including burning ... always wear an adequate sunscreen for protection from both UVA and UVB rays ...
- I Used Your Product(s) and It Hasn't Worked Well For My Skin, Is There Something I'm Doing Wrong?
While I may not know your lifestyle I would say that products are only one part of the equation of glowing radiant skin. While I can say each product works better when paired with a healthy diet there are many more factors such as age, hormones, environment etc that may affect how each product works with your skin.
Also, feel free to contact me at email@example.com for your product concerns and suggestions
You suggest a sunscreen to use with the AHA products. What do you recommend?
Currently, I love the Coola brand. They are paraben-free and skin friendly. Find one that is natural and works well with your skin type.
- Why does my liquid product look cloudy or spotted?
This depends on the temperature and/or the ingredient used. For example, peptides and the natural preservative may result in a cloudy appearance. This does not affect the quality of the product.
- Will your cleanser dry out my skin?
All cleansers are formulated not to dehydrate skin. However, you may experience slight dryness if one or more of the following occurs: poor diet, climate change, taking medications, time to shift to a new product, and or stress. If you experience this, apply the moisturizers recommended. They are meant to rehydrate skin.
- Will your products for acne help with my pitted scars?
They will not help entirely with pitted scars. See your dermatologist and or esthetician as they are knowledgeable on filling, and/or using lasers etc. to correct this.
- Are your moisturizers hydrating enough?
They are all created to prevent trans epidermal water loss. This means they each prevent moisture loss from the skin. Ingredients such as niacinamide, panthenol, hyaluronic acid, seaweed, and aloe vera are some of the hydrating botanicals/actives used. It is your responsibility to internally and externally create an environment to prevent this from happening. For example, dry brushing, exfoliating, moisturizing with my products after cleansing and eating a well-balanced diet.
You may also find that the toners listed may hydrate your skin and you may not need a moisturizer. This depends on the humidity/temperature of your state, your activity level, season, diet etc.
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Product?
Each product is made fresh, the shelf life is 12 months from the time you open it.
- How long do your soaps last?
Each soap is natural. This means that depending on the ingredients each bar melts at different rates. For example, a soap with a hard butter such as cocoa butter may melt slower than one with shea or mango butter.
- Your Soap Does Not Feel Like A Regular Soap, Why?
Only High-Quality Oils Are In Every Soap. Depending on which soap it is, you may experience a slick, smooth, hard or soft consistency depending on the oils used in the soaping process.
- I Think I Have An Allergic Reaction, Possibly To Your Product. What Should I Do?
Stop use and rinse well, if necessary.
Please seek medical attention.
- You should contact your medical doctor
- Call 911
- Head to the Emergency Room
- Another option is to call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222
- Are Your Products PH Balanced?
All products are ph balance between 4.5 - 5.5/6 (excluding bar soaps which are between 8-10). Any products containing aha or bha may range from 2.8 - 4.8/5.8
- What is your shipping turn around time?
Currently, items are shipped within 2-3 days after payment is received in full. Shipping is handled by United States Priority Mail (which takes between 2 - 5 days domestic and 6-10 international)
- Will I get support after purchasing?
You can email me with your questions by using the contact form below
- Are your products tested on animals?
- I want my packaged on rush order.
Send me a note to firstname.lastname@example.org before you checkout. I do not guarantee shipping times without a conversation before the transaction takes place. I will do my very best to communicate shipping times and other updates.
- Do you do custom work?
- Do you offer free samples?
- Are your products vegan?
Yes. In the product's description, you will know if a product is not by an asterisk* or a Please Note
- Is your site safe to use my credit card?
All of your transactions are secure at all times, and I never store your card information. The site is SSL encrypted for your safety.
- Your soaps look yummy. Can I eat it?
This is a popular question. Sadly no.
- Can you tell me when new products are being added?
Sure, sign up to my newsletter on the shop page and I will send you an email about the next launch of a product.
- Are your products safe for children or pregnant women?
Currently, there is no line made for children. I do advise that if you are pregnant you should contact your doctor/homeopathic doctor before use.
- Are your products scented?
Yes, all products are scented with essential oils. You may find skin safe, phthalate/paraben-free fragrance in the limited release section. While products from other companies may be scented at around 3%, my products are scented between .25% and 1%. For example, a 2 oz bottle may contain 2-4 drops of essential oils.
- Do you have products for sensitive skin?
Currently, I do not.
- Do your products contain preservatives?
You will find that products containing water are preserved with a blend of herbs, probiotics, and teas etc.
- I see you have xanthan gum in the ingredients. Isn't that made with GMOs!?
The xanthan gum used is derived from the bacterial fermentation of wood pulp polysaccharides, not corn, and is certified non-GMO as per NOP rules of the USDA. It is manufactured using ethanol, not isopropyl alcohol.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?
- Always before using any of my products, discuss the ingredients with your doctor before use.
Each product is handmade. You may notice discoloration due to the herbs, oils, butters and/or essential oils used. Each product is different from the other. Shipping is not the most delicate of arts at times so, be careful when opening jars and bottles. If separation occurs, stir or shake before use.
If cremes and/or butters arrive in a liquid state, place in a cool place e.g. refrigerator or in a cool room for 24 hours.
Always use clean hands when handling any product.
The statements presented on gingerveecarter.com and shopcdfskincare.com have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Products should not be inserted or consumed into the body, ever.
These products are not for children (unless stated).
- Information on the website (gingerveecarter.com) and on the online shop page is being provided to you for educational and informational purposes only. It is being provided to you to educate you about foods, ingredients, products, and stress relieving methods as a self-help tool for your own use. It is not medical or psychological advice. This information is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgment. Products are provided without any warranties or guarantees. I make no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The products stated are to be used at your own risk based on your own judgment.
UPDATED OCTOBER 24TH 2017