Bamboo Face Scrub
Formerly The Cacao Brightening Scrub
Sometimes we forget to exfoliate weekly. Set that reminder on your smart phone - Time to Exfoliate Face! 1-2 times a week. Like writing it down? Be my guest.
- Exfoliating is beneficial in removing dead skin build up, brightening/lightening acne spots and removing surface whiteheads and blackheads.
This exfoliant is a blend of white clay, lemon peel and bamboo to exfoliate skin buildup. This mousse-like feel lifts dead skin, with fine bamboo and rose hip powder - leaving skin feeling refreshed, smooth and brighter. It rinses clean and refines pores with salicylic acid - making this a great choice for problem, oily and dry skin.
Few Key Ingredients
- Lemon Peel: assists in even skin tone. A natural alternative to hydroquinone (said to be a natural skin lightener) - potential allergens such as citral and geraniol are removed.
- Lactobacillus lactis: probiotic
- White Clay: lightly exfoliates and detoxifies
- Bamboo/Rosehip powder: buffs and removes impurities
- Aspen Bark: refines large pores + acne. Also a natural salicylic acid
- Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate: penetrates the layers of the skin to: deliver ingredients + moisturize.
- Green tea: antioxidant
- Neroli: tones and an antiseptic
- Tea Tree: anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic
etheric white floral, citrus notes, sweet and herbaceous.
How to use
Apply a small amount to wet skin once a week. Massage using circular gentle motion. Remove with water or a warm wet cloth.
- can also replace your cleanser twice a week
- all you need is a pea-sized amount to be effective
- needs to be in a cool environment (I like keeping mine in the fridge *wink)
- separation is natural. Simply mix and store in cool place.
Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Purified Water (and) Glycerin (Vegetable) (and) Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Rosa rubiginosa (Rosehip Seed) Powder, Bambusa vulgaris (Bamboo) Powder, Cetyl Alcohol, Populous tremoloides (Aspen) Bark Extract, Bosa alba (White Kaolin) Clay, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin & Water & Lactobacillus/Lemon Peel Ferment Extract, Citrus aurantium L. var. amara (neroli).
Skin Type: Problem Skin/Uneven Skin/Oily/Combination/Mature/Pre-mature aging
Skin Concern: Mild Acne - Grade 1/Acne Spots/Dull Skin/Oily Skin or a combination.
Not For: Skin sensitive to alpha hydroxy acids and salicylic acid.
- If irritation develops discontinue use. If irritation persists consult your health care professional.
- Avoid use on any cuts or near eyes. Do not exfoliate if skin is sunburned or irritated for any reason. Be careful not to fall on wet or slippery areas caused by using the scrub. Let the scrub do its work, no need to scrub terribly hard.
- Not for sensitive skin and/or have an allergy to aspirin/salicylic acid.
- may cause tingling
- If extreme tingling occurs rinse well and/or use 4 oz water with 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda to raise ph levels.
- Each scrub may be brighter, or duller than what is seen. This depends on the herbs used, and the time of year made.